Warren Zevon Live at WMMS studio on 1976-10-13
- Live concert
- Warren Zevon
02. [interview] > Desperados Under the Eaves
03. [interview] > Simple Man, Simple Dream [Souther] > [interview]
04. [interview] > Poor Poor Pitiful Me
06. [interview] > Mohammed's Radio > [interview]
07. [interview] > Cindy, Cindy > [interview] > Mama Couldn't Be Persuaded > [interview]
09. [interview] > Hasten Down the Wind
11. Excitable Boy > [interview]
01. [1:55.42] Excitable Boy > [interview]
02. [5:34.07] [interview] > Desperados Under the Eaves
03. [7:51.23] [interview] > Simple Man, Simple Dream [Souther] > [interview]
04. [6:31.08] [interview] > Poor Poor Pitiful Me
05. [5:31.43] [interview]
06. [4:46.00] [interview] > Mohammed's Radio > [interview]
07. [7:45.33] [interview] > Cindy, Cindy > [interview] > Mama Couldn't Be Persuaded > [interview]
08. [4:07.31] [interview]
09. [4:01.04] [interview] > Hasten Down the Wind
10. [5:18.15] [interview]
11. [3:20.44] Excitable Boy > [interview]
-- "Coffee Break Concert with Denny Sanders" radio program. The DJ is, according to Mr. Sanders, "Matt the Cat."
-- A/K/A "Words and Music" bootleg
-- The track splits could definitely be improved!
-- A mention of this show is here: http://snipurl.com/5baz
-- Uploaded to archive.org on 12 April 2005; this record updated on 16 May 2006.
- FM > ? > trade CD-R > EAC (secure, offsets) > FLAC (level 8, sectors aligned, shntool verified)
- Cleveland OH
- Taped by
- Transferred by
- WMMS studio
Subject: I took out the interview.
IMO the interview is OK for historical context and some insight into Zevon's feelings about some things. But it's at best a one-time listen, for reasons already mentioned. Particularly if all you want to hear is the music.
Subject: warren zevon
Subject: Good Audio
Subject: ah history
Subject: Good Stuff
Far from being uncool, I think it was Zavon who was acting the tool, not the DJ, who comes brings the classic 1970s Cleveland accent and attitude. And der ya have it.
Subject: Host is Matt The Cat NOT Denny Sanders
The host of the show was WMMS deejay Matt The Cat,
NOT Denny Sanders.
In defense of Matt, this was extremely early in Warren's career, and he was a virtual unknown at this time. Where was the record company guy with the prep?
Nevertheless, another great "Coffee Break Concert" from WMMS, Cleveland. The program ran on the station from the early 70s to the early 80s and featured an amazing number of noteable performers
in performance from the WMMS studios. Later the program moved to the Agora Ballroom and was done with an audience. It was always a completely live (not pre-recorded) show, featured a mix of interviews and performances and was broadcast every Wednesday at 11 AM (later 1 PM when it moved to the Agora).
Subject: Good tunes
Enough complaining, I am happy that I get the chance to complain about this since I was still a year away from being born. Great quality recording, well worth the download.
Subject: I'm from Cleveland
Subject: Good stuff
He's a bit uncomfortable playing some of the songs alone without accompanyment from Waddy Wachtel and others, but he manages admirably on the Piano.
The sound is solid. This is worth a download if you like casual radio sets.
Subject: Fantastic Trip to the Past
Subject: Can't really blame him...
Subject: Great music, painful interview
The interviewer asks some pretty dumb questions and can't get much going with Warren, but Desperados and an early Excitable Boy make this worth a listen alone. Even if he's wasted, Warren is sharper than this guy. Thanks for the slice of history.
Uploaded by bstover on